Reimbursement of the tuition fee


You can get your tuition fee reimbursed if you have paid too much. Solely the listed reasons for reimbursement are accepted!

The processing of applications can take several weeks, therefore apply as soon as possible. You will be notified about the outcome of your application and possible further steps via e-mail to your u:account e-mail address.



Reasons for reimbursement

 Required documents

  • if necessary payment receipt/payment confirmation
  • if necessary, the proof of the reason for remission (if you apply for reimbursement due to a remission of the tuition fee)


  • for the summer semester:
    until the following 30 September
  • for the winter semester:
    until the following 28/29 February


  1. Enter or confirm your bank account data in u:space > Personal matters > Personal data. A bank transfer is only possible if your bank account has been confirmed and the data is correct.
  2. Scan all required documents and make sure that they are easily readable and saved in high quality. Merge all documents into one PDF file with an online tool of your choice.
  3. Fill in the online form in the Servicedesk and add the documents as attachment (in the top of the online form). If you want to apply for remission as well as reimbursement, choose the option "I want to submit an application for remission AND reimbursement of the tuition fee/Students’ Union fee" in the online form.

 Apply in time!

If you submit the online form after the deadline, your application for reimbursement will be rejected without exception (a reimbursement is not possible in that case).

If you apply for reimbursement in time and some of the required documents of proof are missing you will be given a set period of time to submit these missing documents.

Reimbursement of the Students' Union fee

The Students' Union fee will be transferred to the Austrian Students' Union and does not remain at the University of Vienna.

For a reimbursement of the Students' Union fee, you have to apply directly at the ÖH.

An application is possible, if a reason for reimburesment applies and any of the following applies:

  • You have completed or discontinued your degree programme and are not admitted at another Austrian university.
  • You have paid the Students' Union fee twice for the same semester, both at the University of Vienna and at another Austrian university/university of applied sciences.

 You paid the Student's Union fee twice?

If you paid the Students' Union fee twice at the University of Vienna, only one payment will be transferred to the Austrian Students' Union. In this case, you have to apply for a reimbursement at the University of Vienna as described above.